Monday, November 28, 2011

Whats My Learning Style

In a classroom with 21 young little minds and unique personalities it is a constant challenge to ensure each student understands the concepts being taught.  Fortunately I am co-teaching in a Kindergarten classroom with another teacher who absorbs new ideas in a completely different way than I do.  It makes for a nice balance in the classroom.  With both of us having opposite learning styles it is a constant reminder that our students are the same way.  We have to strive to use multiple teaching techniques to reach all of the students during a lesson.
                When working with active and reflective learners, group work would be beneficial for both.  Making groups that have a mixture of both learning types will allow the students to use their learning style as a strength.  When it comes to visual and verbal learning this is where is it amazing having another co-teacher to work with.  I am a very strong visual learner and my co-teacher will remember anything that is told to her.  This is a huge benefit for our students!   

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog about your learning style. I am more of a visual person also, so I think working with another teacher is very helpful. Also working with groups is similar to my personality that I have. I understand better when working with a group instead of working individually. This is a great benefit for us as teachers and for our students also.

    ReplyDelete